Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thankful for our life


I grew up thinking the stork dropped me into the wrong family. I’m sure I was meant to be raised on a farm, out of doors, with animals surrounding me. The fact is I resemble my dad quite a bit and have inherited his endless need to have several projects on the work bench.

Having spent the majority of my life in the city, this farmgirl-at-heart felt like she’d finally come home the day we moved to the country to inhabit our “new” log home. Nearing our 11th year, I can’t help but reminisce how our small piece of paradise has transformed over the years. Covered porches, flowering shrubs and trees, gardens with giant vegetables, treed pastures, and colorful alpacas dotting the landscape.

Our lives have been defined and enriched by our surroundings. We have so much to be thankful for all started with a thoughtful comment from Lee on a warm June afternoon, “we should put something out there …”

1 comment:

Karen said...

I love your blog!! I added it to my links on my two blogs! Have a sweeet Christmas~~ Karen my quilting name is Kari....so don't want to confuse you....Kevin....heheee