Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Chicken attack!

 
A funny story ... Lee, having worked in the RV industry for 30-some years tends to build things “just big enough” to fit through. Our chicken coop being one of those things. Each morning I bring fresh water for the chickens and have to bend over to unplug the warmer and remove the waterer before I can fit inside the coop with my heavy jacket and overalls. (I sometimes feel like I’m ready for a space mission with the heavy boots and all!).

Well, this morning a few of the chickens were perched on top of the laying boxes and when I bent over, one of them jumped onto my hooded head. I couldn’t stand upright for fear that the chicken would be smashed into the ceiling, so I attempted to pry it’s claws from my hood and remove it to safe ground. Once I had her up in the air, she started flapping her wings like crazy which knocked out the warming lamp smashing the bulb. As if I needed something else to clean up … Anyway, I laugh every time I think of the picture of me bent over in my Carhartts with a chicken attached firmly to my hood!

Ain’t life a hoot?  

No comments: