Monday, February 18, 2008

Central Park Hoodie - alpaca style!

I joined the Central Park Hoodie “cult” and am on my way to learning to knit cables! I’ll be making my hoodie in Donegal wool from Ireland (per class requirements) and at the same time making one from alpaca yarn from our herd. My “choice” is being made for me as I’ll need over 1200 yards and want a solid versus tweed for this sweeter so the full effect of the cabling will be featured. I would LOVE to make it from Alaska’s glowing bright white fleece but alas, I just don’t have enough yardage. So I’ve decided the lucky alpaca will be Mavic – he’s a pinto with a bay black blanket on white. Blending his fiber together with a little bit of white from Snow Chief created a soft gray with lovely handle. To die for!!

You can check out the Central Park Hoodie blogs here: http://wordpress.com/tag/central-park-hoodie/

No comments: