Monday, February 25, 2008

Central Park Hoodie - update!

Below are my 2 sweaters so far. The green is wool and the grey is alpaca - little man "Mavic". The wool has been easy to work with because it has a "cottony" feel to it so doesn't slip as easily on the needles. But the alpaca has been a DREAM to work with. This sweater will be perfect to throw on during chilly winters.


Donegal wool from Ireland
















Alpaca - "Mavic"

Note the pretty stitch markers too! Those shown here were my personal creations.
You can purchase the most awesome stitch markers from our shop at the American Countryside Farmers Market. Our "knitting jewelry" was made by Ali of One of a Kind, one of our favorite market neighbors.

1 comment:

Robyn Radford said...

Liz, I love the look of this sweater already! Mavic has a beautiful fiber. I love working with the Alpaca fibers as they truly do slide of the needles like silk. (In fact I'm so spoiled now that I can hardly stand to use other yarns!) I can't wait to see your progress.