Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Oh, those muggy days of summer!


Hello friends,

Those muggy days of summer have arrived and I find myself only wanting to go outside during morning or evening hours. That hot, heavy afternoon weather is just not my cup of tea any longer!

I just finished a really pretty capelet using Highlander grey yarn and an old retro-looking button I had on hand. Since I don’t have someone to take a picture right now, I’m putting in the photo from the pattern found in the “Wrap Style” book on page 38 “Chanson en Crochet” by Mari Lynn Patrick. Her version is gorgeous!

I’ve decided to veer from the norm and am trying a crocheted vest using Vickie Howell’s “Love” yarn made with 70% bamboo and 30% silk. This yarn is “to die for!” and you can find it in our shop compliments of The Yarn Cat. I promise I’ll get a photo when it’s done (but don’t hold your breath!).

Partner Leann and I had a fun little excursion earlier this month by taking yarn, product and a few alpacas to Hubbard Hill Retirement Center in Elkhart. The residents enjoyed an hour-long visit and had many questions about the animals and products. One lady even tried on a very warm sweater made from my herd in very hot and humid weather, and she didn’t want to give it up! Now there’s someone who has great taste! :)

The crias are doing great and all the females are enjoying their “summer camp” in lush green pastures. We now look forward to our fall crias and receiving our yarn back from the mill!

Enjoy these sweet summer months. Warmly, Liz

No comments: